Travis Scott slammed by parents of Astroworld victim, 9, after flaunting $ 5.5M Bugatti Veyron Chiron

links patrocinados

Travis Scott has been slammed by the family of the youngest Astroworld tragedy victim for flaunting his $ 5.5 million luxury car.

links patrocinados

Ten people were killed and thousands injured in the stampede at Scott’s concert at the Astroworld Music Festival in November 2021 – including 9-year-old Ezra Blount.

Ezra’s family sued Scott before the child died from his injuries, and others followed, leading to a slew of lawsuits.

Yet, as the lawsuits pile up, Scott driving around in his $ 5.5 million Bugatti Veyron Chiron Super Sport is causing backlash as the family’s attorney calls the rapper’s luxury purchases ‘excessive.’

Bob Hillard, the attorney for the family’s attorney told TMZ that Ezra would still be alive today, enjoying his summer, if Scott had spent half of what he paid for the Bugatti on simple safety measures at the deadly music festival.

But a spokesperson for Scott told TMZ that the car being referenced was bought in 2020 – before the Astroworld tragedy.

Travis Scott is seen on June 21, 2022 with his $ 5.5 million Bugatti Veyron Chiron Super Sport which prompted the youngest Astroworld victim's family to slam him

Travis Scott is seen on June 21, 2022 with his $ 5.5 million Bugatti Veyron Chiron Super Sport which prompted the youngest Astroworld victim's family to slam him

links patrocinados

Travis Scott is seen on June 21, 2022 with his $ 5.5 million Bugatti Veyron Chiron Super Sport which prompted the youngest Astroworld victim’s family to slam him

Bob Hillard, the attorney for the family's attorney told TMZ that Ezra would still be alive today, if Scott would've spent half of what he paid for the Bugatti on safety at the deadly music festival

Bob Hillard, the attorney for the family's attorney told TMZ that Ezra would still be alive today, if Scott would've spent half of what he paid for the Bugatti on safety at the deadly music festival

Bob Hillard, the attorney for the family’s attorney told TMZ that Ezra would still be alive today, if Scott would’ve spent half of what he paid for the Bugatti on safety at the deadly music festival

Ezra Blount, 9, posing outside the Astroworld Festival entrance.  He was the youngest victim of the tragedy in November 2021

Ezra Blount, 9, posing outside the Astroworld Festival entrance.  He was the youngest victim of the tragedy in November 2021

Ezra Blount, 9, posing outside the Astroworld Festival entrance. He was the youngest victim of the tragedy in November 2021

‘This latest attempt to exploit Astroworld victims and gaslight the media and the public is a new low,’ the rep said.

‘The car referenced was purchased way back in 2020 (well before the tragic events at Astroworld), and covered widely by the media – including TMZ – at that time. Misrepresenting a two-year-old car purchase to make an unprovoked and unjustified attack on Travis Scott is nothing more than another desperate publicity stunt to try to falsely blame Travis and intentionally manipulate public opinion, which won’t work. ‘

Ten people were killed and more than 4,900 people were injured in the stampede at Scott’s concert last year, a total number of injured concertgoers that was exponentially higher than initially reported, a court filing revealed in May.

The ten Astroworld fatal victims - (clockwise) Madison Dubiski, 23;  John Hilgert, 14;  Bharti Shahani, 22;  Axel Acosta, 21;  Brianna Rodriguez, 16;  Mirza Baig, 27;  Franco Patino, 21;  Jacob Jurinek, 21;  Rodolfo Angel Peña, 23;  and Ezra Blount, 9

The ten Astroworld fatal victims - (clockwise) Madison Dubiski, 23;  John Hilgert, 14;  Bharti Shahani, 22;  Axel Acosta, 21;  Brianna Rodriguez, 16;  Mirza Baig, 27;  Franco Patino, 21;  Jacob Jurinek, 21;  Rodolfo Angel Peña, 23;  and Ezra Blount, 9

The ten Astroworld fatal victims – (clockwise) Madison Dubiski, 23; John Hilgert, 14; Bharti Shahani, 22; Axel Acosta, 21; Brianna Rodriguez, 16; Mirza Baig, 27; Franco Patino, 21; Jacob Jurinek, 21; Rodolfo Angel Peña, 23; and Ezra Blount, 9

Emergency personnel responding to the Astroworld festival in November.  Scott has repeatedly denied responsibly for the tragedy

Emergency personnel responding to the Astroworld festival in November.  Scott has repeatedly denied responsibly for the tragedy

Emergency personnel responding to the Astroworld festival in November. Scott has repeatedly denied responsibly for the tragedy

Ambulances tend to the panicked crowd at the Astroworld Festival in November.  Over 4,900 reported injuries sustained at the concert

Ambulances tend to the panicked crowd at the Astroworld Festival in November.  Over 4,900 reported injuries sustained at the concert

Ambulances tend to the panicked crowd at the Astroworld Festival in November. Over 4,900 reported injuries sustained at the concert

A woman who says she lost her pregnancy as a result of injuries sustained during the Astroworld Festival crowd-crush is also suing Scott and the festival organizers for the wrongful death of her unborn baby.

Shanazia Williamson and her husband Jarawd Owens of Dayton, Ohio, say they were expecting a child when they attended the Astroworld Festival on November 5, 2021. They say they lost the fetus due to injuries Williamson sustained at the festival.

In December, Williamson and Owens filed suit against Scott, festival promoters Live Nation and ScoreMore, the security companies Valle Services SMG and ASM Global, and the Harris County Sports and Convention corporation.

‘While in attendance at the festival, Shanazia was trampled and crushed resulting in horrific injuries and ultimately the death of her and Jarawd’s unborn child,’ the suit claims, ‘In addition, Shanazia sustained injuries to her shoulder, back, leg, chest, stomach and other parts of her body. ‘

The suit also alleges the defendants did not provide adequate security or medical personnel, and that they failed to recognize the hazards of the event’s setup.

Williamson and Owens’ lawsuit is one of hundreds filed against Scott and companies involved in the festival. Scott, his label Cactus Jack, Live Nation, ScoreMore, Apple, the festival’s security companies, and the venue itself face billions of dollars in damages from people injured at the festival.

The deadly incident spawned countless legal woes for Scott, as well as intense public backlash for his alleged handling of the deadly incident.

Scott is expected to perform at his first festival since Astroworld this coming November.  He will headline the Primavera Sound festival this coming November, and will play three shows, with New Zealand singer Lorde scheduled on the lineup before him

Scott is expected to perform at his first festival since Astroworld this coming November.  He will headline the Primavera Sound festival this coming November, and will play three shows, with New Zealand singer Lorde scheduled on the lineup before him

Scott is expected to perform at his first festival since Astroworld this coming November. He will headline the Primavera Sound festival this coming November, and will play three shows, with New Zealand singer Lorde scheduled on the lineup before him

He was sacked as a 2022 Coachella headliner, as well as a headliner for the Day N Vegas festival last year.

Attorneys Jason Itkin, Richard Mithoff and Sean Roberts said 732 victims were severely injured and required extensive medical treatment after the stampede.

They claim an additional 1,649 received less extensive treatment, and the severity of 2,540 concertgoers’ injuries is still under review, Rolling Stone first reported.

The filing did not specify what ‘extensive’ or ‘less extensive’ treatment comprised.

They also refused to disclose the monetary damages victims are suing for. It has been previously reported that around 125 people have filed civil lawsuits against Scott and concert promoter Live Nation with potential damages amounting to $ 750 million.

Live Nation and the primary security company at the festival, Contemporary Services Corporation, have denied all allegations against them.

Scott himself has continuously denied any responsibly for the tragedy at Astroworld.

He will headline the Primavera Sound festival this coming November, and will play three shows, with New Zealand singer Lorde scheduled on the lineup before him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.