This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for safer and more convenient travel.
A good sale to Kuala Lumpur
ITA will price this at $822, using those dates on Singapore Air should reprice to $782
Currently there is less capacity and airline options flying between the US and East / Southeast Asia. Until capacity increases, we probably won’t see too many pre-pandemic deals where it was pretty common for sub $600 fares to East and Southeast Asia.
Here are some practical travel tips for Kuala Lumpur.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Sign up for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Sample Travel Date:
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late September – early October or late March 2023 – mid May 2023 for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at the time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- SFO – SIN (Singapore) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – SIN – SFO
Singapore Air is a member of the Star Alliance and United partners. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 17,234 or 4.5 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 0miles
This fare will earn 50% mileage with Singapore Air’s KrisFlyer program
How to Buy:
- Book on Singapore Air with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor – One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars – One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world”s largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 4.39MYR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continued support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDealor subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.