This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for safer and more convenient travel.
A good sale to Porto
ITA will price this at $429 (Basic Economy), using those dates on Iberia should reprice to $401 (Basic Economy) and $551 (Regular Economy).
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia’s $551 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE check luggage and normal size carry-on included
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia also have a $401 fare, but it is a Basic Economy / Economy Light fare. These Basic Economy / Economy Light fares:
- DON’T allow for advance seat assignment
- DON’T include checked bags – they are $75 each way for the 1st bag and $100 for the 2nd
- DON’T allow for changes
- DON’T Allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future travel
- Most online travel agencies are not properly displaying these fares with American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia as BASIC ECONOMY.
Sign up for our Real Time Newsletter to receive economy class deals for your city about an hour before they are even posted on our website and social media channels – all for about a nickel a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Sign up for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Sample Travel Date:
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from October – early December or January 2023 – mid February 2023. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at the time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Source: BOS
- Origin advanced routing code:
- routing codes: ib ib
- extension codes: fbc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Iberia and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to the regular economy fare.
- destination: OPO
- Return advanced routing code:
- routing codes: ib ib
- extension codes: fbc=O
- (Click on Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Duration “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- BOS – MAD (Madrid) – OPO (Porto) – MAD – BOS
Iberia is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 7,340 miles
- Loyalty Points: 1,835 points
- Redeemable Miles: 1.835 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Iberia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select optimal fare for the regular economy fare with one checked bag included
- TripAdvisor – One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars – One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world”s largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.96 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Iberia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continued support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDealor subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.