4 Bean Salad is a delicious and filling salad. It is easy to throw together and adds a wonderful burst of color to any meal. It’s cheap and nutritious!
I have been trying to eat more salads and vegetables over the past several years. I find it to be a great way to get in my daily dose of fruits and veggies. There are so many different kinds of salads that you can make. They all taste delicious such as my Kachumbari, Black Bean and Millet Salad, Mango Avocado Salsa, Vegan Italian Pasta Saladand Yucca Salad (Cassava Salad).
One of my favorite summer salads is this Four Bean Salad because it is easy to make, healthy, and delicious! It is packed with protein, which means that it will keep me full longer than other salads.
I love the color combination of the beans and vegetables. Not only that, it makes a great appetizer for parties or a light lunch. Besides, who doesn’t like munching on something tasty and healthy?
The first time I made this recipe was for a family dinner a few months ago. It was such a hit that everyone has been asking me to make it again ever since! This bean salad recipe has become one of our favorites!
Scroll down for the detailed recipe, but I suggest you don’t skip the information included in the blurb.
Why You Will Love This Salad?
- You’ll love this salad because it’s easy to make and very healthy.
- This recipe is also very budget-friendly since you probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
- This 4 Bean Salad is a fresh, flavorful dish that will make your summer parties pop!
- It’s got a good mix of different beans that add some extra protein and fiber to your diet.
- This salad is a great way to use up some of those beans you’ve been stashing in the pantry.
- This is also a great way to use up any leftover cooked beans or chickpeas in your fridge.
- It’s a great way to get more vegetables in your diet. It’s also an easy way to get kids to eat more vegetables!
- The dressing is flavorful… sweet, and tangy, and it’s really easy to make.
- It is very healthy. It has a lot of beans that are good for you, such as black beans, red kidney beans, chickpeas, and green beans (SCROLL DOWN FOR THE DETAILED NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF EACH BEAN). It also has red bell pepper, which is an excellent source of Vitamin A and C.
- It’s perfect as a side dish or main course.
- It’s highly customizable. You can add any bean combination, other vegetables, or dressing you want to make it more flavorful.
- It is the ultimate salad to bring to a potluck meal or gathering; you’ll never leave with any leftovers!
- This is a great dish to make if you are trying to lose weight.
- Summertime is the perfect time for this bean salad because it’s so light and refreshing but still satisfying enough to fill you up without being heavy on calories.
How To Make 4 Beans Salad?
This recipe is very simple. You’ll just require the following few simple ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Black olives
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Red kidney beans
- Black beans
- Green beans
- Whiskey together with lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add black olives, red onions, and bell pepper, and stir.
- Add kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, and green beans. Strong well.
- Chill before serving.
It makes a great side that’s perfect for serving with a variety of meals such as Curry Cabbage, Vegan Sausage Patties, BBQ Cauliflower Wingsand Baked Falafel.
I like to eat it with crackers or tortilla chips, but it is perfectly fine on its own.
This salad tastes great with the cheese croutons on top, which give it a crunchy texture and taste amazingly!
- Drain and rinse canned beans before combining them with the rest of the salad ingredients. If you don’t like salt, the canned beans’ starch can make your salad’s dressing look a little murky.
- I usually make it with canned beans, but you can cook your own and add them to the salad if you have the time.
- To balance the beans’ texture, add some crunch. Bell pepper is my go-to crunchy vegetable, but celery, fennel, jicama, and cucumber are also good options.
- Toss the salad with fresh herbs. Fresh parsley is one of my favorite herbs. Other herbs can also be used. Basil, mint, tarragon, dill, and cilantro are all excellent choices.
- Set aside for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate the leftover salad for up to four days.
Other Salad Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Red Kidney Beans Healthy?
Red kidney beans are high in iron, phosphorus, and potassium. They are also a fantastic source of low-fat protein and fiber. Phytonutrients are also found in red beans.
Are Green Beans Good For You?
Green beans are abundant in vitamin K and calcium. These nutrients are essential for maintaining bone health and reducing the incidence of fractures. It is critical to have enough folate throughout the year, not only during pregnancy. B vitamins are also helpful for reducing depression.
Are Black Beans Healthy?
Black beans are an amazing, nutritiously compact food. They are high in fiber and protein. Black beans are high in thiamine, magnesium, iron, and folate, as well as all other vitamins and minerals.
Black beans are an excellent choice for anyone trying to maintain or reduce weight in a healthy manner while avoiding “empty calories.”
Resistant starch is a form of indigestible fiber that passes through the small intestine without being converted to sugar, making black beans ideal for diabetics who need to keep their blood sugar under control.
Are Chickpeas Healthy Or Fattening?
The nutritional profile of chickpeas is quite impressive. Chickpeas are low in calories and high in vitamins, fiber, and minerals that may assist you in losing weight, improving digestion, and lowering your disease risk. Furthermore, this bean is strong in protein and can be used as a meat substitute in different vegan and vegetarian meals.
Is 4-Bean Salad Keto-Friendly?
We consider this salad to be slightly higher in carbohydrates than other fresh salads because it includes four cans of beans.
Is Four Bean Salad Served Cold?
This salad can be served cold or at room temperature. I recommend storing the bean salad in the refrigerator if you aren’t going to serve it right away.
How Long Will 4 Bean Salads Last In The Refrigerator?
Bean salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days if stored properly. Refrigerate bean salad in sealed containers to extend its shelf life while maintaining its safety and freshness.
Can You Freeze 4 Bean Salad?
You certainly can! This salad can be frozen for up to three months if stored properly in a sealed container.
Are Canned Beans Healthy?
They are a great source of fiber, protein from plants, and other important nutrients like potassium and folate. Canned beans are usually safe to eat and are a more convenient and healthy option than dried beans.
Are Beans Good For Weight Loss?
Beans are high in minerals, antioxidants, and fiber while being low in calories.
Furthermore, delicious beans are a great source of plant-based protein and are extremely filling, making them an excellent weight-loss item.
What Happens If You Eat Beans Every Day?
Bean consumption is associated with a decreased body weight, a smaller waist circumference, and a lower overall body mass (BMI). According to studies, obese males on a protein-rich diet who ate beans as their main protein source lost more weight.
Do Canned Beans Need To Be Cooked?
Because canned beans are pre-cooked, they can be eaten straight from the can. However, before eating them raw or cooking them, give them a thorough rinsing with cool water.
Is It Possible To Use Dried Beans Instead Of Canned?
Yes! I used canned beans for convenience, but dry beans can be used. I recommend cooking them beforehand and then adding them to the salad. For cooking dried beans, sort, wash, and soak in water to cover for 8 hours or overnight. The following day, drain and rinse beans and cook in water until tender. You can cook them in a slow cooker or on the stovetop.
Do Beans Make You Poop?
Fresh produce and robust beans are some examples of high-fiber diets that make you poop. Whether you’re suffering from constipation or just want to feel lighter, consuming meals high in fiber and other nutrients will help you feel better faster.
If you like and enjoy this recipe, please leave a comment to let me know your feedback.
If you enjoyed this post about 4 Bean Salad and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.